Geocal, Inc. is a professional services engineering firm comprised of dedicated Stakeholders providing Federal, State, and Local governments with expertise in geotechnical engineering, materials testing, and bridge inspection, as well as construction management and inspection services. Since 1989, Geocal has delivered quality and value to projects associated with infrastructure and transportation design and construction in Colorado and the Western United States. Geocal currently employs professional engineers, engineering interns, geologists, construction managers, inspectors, technicians and laboratory staff.
Geocal has been experiencing rapid growth over the last 3 years and is now looking for a Staff Geotechnical Engineer to assist with coordinating geotechnical investigations, logging soil/bedrock samples, assisting with preparing geotechnical reports under the guidance of a Professional Engineer, and participate in our Bridge Inspection program. The candidate can be stationed in either Oklahoma City or Tulsa. We are looking for employees who share our values – to deliver superior quality services, to meet or exceed expectations on every project, and to maintain our clients’ trust and satisfaction. This is a full-time position with competitive wages.
- Coordinate and carry out geotechnical investigations including scheduling drillers, traffic control, applying for permits, log borings, collect soil/bedrock samples.
- Perform and/or supervise lab testing.
- Assist with preparing geotechnical reports.
Bridge Inspection Responsibilities:
- Assist Lead Inspector and prepare reports.
- Drive to National Wildlife Refuges/Airforce Bases/National Parks across the lower 48 states and around Oklahoma.
- Take photographs of bridges and prepare captions.
- Prepare field sketches of bridges.
- Measure latitude and longitude of each location and plot on field map.
- Prepare/edit sketches and maps with drafting software.
- Input inspection data, digital photographs, sketches, and maps into Clients’ databases.
- Compile and check final reports for delivery.
- BS/MS in Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or a related field.
- Current registration as EIT or PE, or willingness to pursue those certifications.
- Basic understanding of geotechnical principles, specifically in slope stability, seepage analyses, settlement, retaining walls, shallow and deep foundations.
- Pass National Security background check.
- Working knowledge of Oklahoma geology.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to walk around steep embankments covered in vegetation and hike on gravel roads/trails.
- Basic working knowledge of drafting software (AutoCAD, Microstation, etc.).
- Good basic computer skills (file management, internet, spreadsheets).
- Good driving record.
- Willingness to travel for 1 to 3 weeks at a time with a Client (Lead Inspector), involving several hours of driving company vehicles. (Per diem and lodging is provided).
- Friendly disposition and strong ability to work in a team.
Perks and Benefits:
- Travel all around the United States to National Wildlife Refuges, US Air Force Bases, and National Parks!
- Company vehicle for work
- Health, dental, vision insurance (75% paid by Geocal for employees and 50% paid by Geocal for dependents)
- Term life and AD&D insurance (75% paid by employer for employee)
- Short term disability 100% paid by Geocal.
- 401k plan
- Personal leave time, accrual starts first day of employment.
- Paid Holidays.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@geocal.us
Please do not call our office. No recruiters.